- Guests are welcome after 4pm and are requested to leave before 10 am on the day of departure.
- Bed linen and towels are provided for the number of people in the party
- Electricity and heating are included in the cost along with enough firewood for a couple of fires
- Well behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement at the cost of £20 per week
Accommodation consists of:
- Sunroom with TV
- Dining room with wood-burning stove
- Kitchen with electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave, etc
- Utility room with sink and washing machine/tumble dryer
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, WC and wash basin.
- Double bedroom (zip-link, can convert to single beds)
- Twin bedroom (zip-link, can convert to double bed)
Strontian (6 miles) has a well-stocked shop and the Strontian Hotel is a great place to stop off for a meal or a drink. Bikes can be hired from Strontian and various bike paths can be explored nearby or, for mountain bikers, there are graded trails at The Nevis Range (32 miles).
Fort William (25 miles) has supermarkets and a good range of shops, as well as a superb 18 hole golf course right in the shadow of Ben Nevis. Some fine malts can be sampled at the Ben Nevis Distillery where there are guided tours for those interested in the whole distillation process.
It only takes 20 minutes by ferry from Lochaline (14 miles) to get over to the Isle of Mull for a day trip. Time can be spent taking in the scenery, touring the historic Duart Castle or heading up to Tobermory to see its wonderful brightly painted houses or to visit the Tobermory Distillery.
Walkers and climbers will find lots to keep them occupied and for a real challenge Ben Nevis itself can be tackled. There is an abundance of wildlife in the area with deer, seals, otters and pine martens often being spotted. A variety of birds can be seen overhead including impressive golden and white-tailed eagles.
The ruins of Castle Tioram (21 miles) are fascinating to wander around and a visit can be combined with a trip across the Ardnamurchan peninsula to the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan Point (40 miles) or the beautiful white sandy beach at Sanna.
- Pub: 1 mile
- Shop: 8 miles
- Restaurant: 8 miles
- Train Station: 37 miles
- Airport: 110 miles
- Supermarket: 8 miles
- Sandy Beach: 19 miles
- Swimming Pool/Leisure Centre: 25 miles
- Cycle Hire: 20 miles
- MTB Trails: 25 miles
- Riding Stables: 32 miles
- Golf Course: 20 miles
- RSPB Reserve: 35 miles
- National Park: 115 miles
- Boat Hire: 21 miles
- Marina: 34 miles
- Ski Slopes: 25 miles
- Bus Links: 8 miles
- Water Sport Centres: 21 miles