- Guests are welcome after 4pm and are requested to leave before 10 am on the day of departure.
- Bed linen and towels are provided for the number of people in the party
- Electricity and heating are included in the cost along with enough firewood for a couple of fires
Accommodation consists of:
- Sitting with wood-burning stove and TV/DVD
- Kitchen/dining room with electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave, etc
- Utility room with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, WC and wash basin.
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- WC and wash basin
Head to Strontian (8.5 miles) for supplies or to have some pub grub in the Bothy Bar or a more formal meal in the Dungallons Restaurant within the Strontian Hotel.
As the roads in the area are nice and quiet, they are ideal for exploring on two wheels with cycle hire available just outside Strontian. Nearby Otter Adventures offer sea kayaking and canoeing adventures on Loch Sunart that allow you to appreciate the scenery from the unique perspective of the water.
Further up around the loch the Garbh Eilean Wildlife Hide (14 miles) has been set up to allow visitors to get a better view of the local wildlife from otters and seals to birds such as herons and sometimes even sea eagles which are a magnificent sight to behold. A telescope is even provided for a closer look.
If a trip over to the wonderful Isle of Mull beckons it is just 20 minutes’ drive to the ferry terminal at Lochaline (13 miles). The ferry arrives into Fishnish and from there it is a short drive down to Duart Castle, the seat of Clan Maclean, that is fascinating to tour around and take in its rich history.
It is just over an hour’s drive to Fort William where there are all the amenities you could ask for, as well as a golf course and swimming pool. Ben Nevis itself, the highest mountain in Britain, provides a real challenge for experienced hillwalkers and can be tackled in a day as long as the correct precautions are followed and appropriate equipment is used.
Snowsports enthusiasts have the Nevis Range (34.5 miles) or Glencoe Ski Resort (40 miles) to choose from for some time on the slopes.
- Pub: 8 miles
- Shop: 8 miles
- Restaurant: 8 miles
- Train Station: 37 miles
- Airport: 110 miles
- Supermarket: 8 miles
- Sandy Beach: 19 miles
- Swimming Pool/Leisure Centre: 25 miles
- Cycle Hire: 20 miles
- MTB Trails: 25 miles
- Riding Stables: 32 miles
- Golf Course: 20 miles
- RSPB Reserve: 35 miles
- National Park: 115 miles
- Boat Hire: 21 miles
- Marina: 34 miles
- Ski Slopes: 25 miles
- Bus Links: 8 miles
- Water Sport Centres: 21 miles